2030 Climate Target Plan
The present Communication therefore:
- Presents an EU-wide, economy-wide greenhouse gas emissions reduction target by 2030 compared to 1990 of at least 55% including emissions and removals.
- Previews a set of actions required across all sectors of the economy and the launch of revisions of the key legislative instruments to achieve this increased ambition.
- Prepares the ground for a public debate in autumn 2020 to increase the EU’s contribution to the Paris Agreement before the end of the year and set the stage for the Commission to make detailed legislative proposals by June 2021.
- Economy, Climate Change
- Year Published:
- European Union (EU), European Commission, European Commission
- Future Trends, European Union, Emissions, gas, legislation, Paris