State of the World’s Forests
Executive Summary Excerpt
This ninth biennial issue of State of the World’s Forests is being launched at the outset of 2011, the International Year of Forests. This Year aims to promote awareness and understanding of forests
and forestry issues. The chapters assembled for this year’s State of the World’s Forests draw attention to four key areas that warrant greater attention during the International Year of Forests and
- regional trends on forest resources;
- the development of sustainable forest industries;
- climate change adaptation and mitigation; and
- the local value of forests.
Each of these themes has implications for the various upcoming assessments of progress towards sustainable development, including the Rio+20 Summit in 2012 and the Millennium Development Goals Review Conference in 2015.
- Natural Resources
- Year Published:
- Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), United Nations